High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What happens if I accept an order of protection without admitting guilt?

Q: My husband hand an order of protection to get me out of the house and move his girlfried in but I have no physical proof he has a girlfriend. Just pictures of the house appraisal that there is a double bed in the house which was never there before.

A: David’s Answer: It’s hard to say from this what direction you should take, but generally you CAN accept an order without admitting guilt. What consequences stem from this would depend on whether your case is in criminal court or Family Court. Call a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge