High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What can I do if the mother of my child does not allow me to take my child on vacation?

Q: I am not married to the mother of my child however I would like to take my son on vacation and she is telling me that she’s not going to give me permission to travel. I have gone on vacation with my son every year but because I want to take him to Puerto Rico so he can meet my family, and she telling me I can’t take him

A: David’s Answer: If you don’t have a custody/visitation order in place, file a petition with the Family Court. If travel is for this summer, I’d suggest to file it as an order to show cause so as to expedite the court date. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network