Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Residential custody?

Q: My son's mother is relocating to Florida and my son wishes to remain in NY. I am applying for a change in residential custody. Can that be denied to me if she chooses to make her 21 year old the custodian so she can continue to receive child support? Or do my rights supercede her wishes?

A: David's Answer: I wouldn't think the child living withthe 21yo would be in the child's best interests. That said, of course, there are many factors which go into a custody case, so I also can't say without a full assessment whether the Judge would grant you custody in the alternative. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions