Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If my ex refuses to split college expenses in spite of the divorce agreement, would I go to family court or support court?

Q: My ex is currently paying child support, but he insisted during the divorce that child support should not represent a credit toward college expenses. Now that our daughter has come back to me after neighbors called the police, he no longer likes the clause that he himself insisted on. College is just a couple of months away so should I request assistance from support court or family court?

A: David's Answer:  If he's merely threatened to breach the agreement, your remedy is in Supreme Court on an allegation of anticipatory breach of contract. Only after he's actually violated the agreement/judgment can you proceed in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions