High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I owe over $120,000 in child support and I can’t relax. How much time am I facing in New York State?

Q: I’m homeless practicing sobriety and honestly not able to live with this hindering me. I’m unable to find the peace of mind nor the happiness required to live for this reality I am aware of.
I do want to be responsible yet I refuse to find myself in a situation where I have to put my possessions in somebodies else’s name because of my irresponsible behavior so please let me know

A: David’s Answer: You can serve up to 6 months in jail for each violation. Violation petitions, however, could be filed annually and thus you may be looking at spending years in jail ultimately. It may be better to either apply for public assistance, disability or a jobs program. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge