Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I owe over $120,000 in child support and I can't relax. How much time am I facing in New York State?

Q: I'm homeless practicing sobriety and honestly not able to live with this hindering me. I'm unable to find the peace of mind nor the happiness required to live for this reality I am aware of.
I do want to be responsible yet I refuse to find myself in a situation where I have to put my possessions in somebodies else's name because of my irresponsible behavior so please let me know

A: David's Answer: You can serve up to 6 months in jail for each violation. Violation petitions, however, could be filed annually and thus you may be looking at spending years in jail ultimately. It may be better to either apply for public assistance, disability or a jobs program. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions