Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do i file for a poor man divorce in nyc?

Q: Ive been seperated from my wife for over 5 years. We have 4 children together in which 3 of them still resides with me..they are also minors... Their mother has been living in georgia for 3 years now. Ive had the kids in my care for about 5 years. Im also currently on welfare and public assistance. 

A: David's Answer:  Best to go to the Office of the Self-Represented. You'd file a motion for poor person relief to ask that court fees be waived. You can also ask for assignment of counsel, though usually the Court only assigns counsel if issues of custody, visitation or orders of protection are contested. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions