Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Custody modification

Q: I need to filed an immediate modification to prevent my ex from relocating my son out of state (Florida) without my consent. The order is in Westchester but she moved to the Bronx 4 years ago. Can I still file this modification in Westchester or do I have to start all over in the Bronx? She never moved the case to the Bronx and kept the support order in Westchester as well.

A: David's Answer: If you continue to reside in Westchester, then generally you can file in Westchester, Usually venue tracks the jurisdictional language, such that so long as 1 parent remains residing in the original issuing county, that county presumptively retains continuing venue authority to issue modification/enforcement decrees. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions