Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my wife disappeared 10 years then go to dominican republic and get a divorce without me know anything?

Q: Got marry in 2003 wife disappearedin 2005 in 2015 she got a divorce in dominican repliblic and in 2017 she gave me a divorce decree from dominican republic.

A: David's Answer: DR divorces which lack proper jurisdiction over the other side are not legally recognized in the U.S. Thus, while her divorce decree may make nice wallpaper, it's invalid if you weren't a resident of DR at the time nor signed a consent to their jurisdiction. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions