Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What is the Child support formula for non married, working parents of an 18 Year old ?

Q: we both work and our Son is now 18 years old
I have been supporting since birth and have put him through catholic HS
I pay phone and allow him use of my car so he can also work

I have been paying his Mom ( through bank transfers) 1000 a month since High school started he graduates this June
his mom makes about 75000 a year and I make 125000
we had agreed until this year when she started to look at colleges she is now planning to take me to court
any advice would be appreciated I would prefer not to drag this into court if possible

A: David's Answer: Your first stop would be the child support standards chart: This determines the presumptive, general amount. Your next stop would be to an experienced attorney - there are several possible defenses which can help mitigate the overall amount you'd pay (e.g., "over-the-cap" incomes, joint custody variance, etc.). Thus, call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions