High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Does an add-on modification potentially allow for a modification of the basic support amount?

Q: If I go to court to get an add-on for a support case modified, will me and the other party exchange financial information via our w-2s/paystubs as well? If I discover that the other parents income has increased by 15% during our hearing am I also entitled to a basic support modification at that time or would I need to file another petition to get the basic support modified?

A: David’s Answer:
Potentially yes – here’s why: the Court may still need to assess current pro-rata percentages, especially if your basic order is more than 1 year old. As for your 2d question: if your petition only sought to modify your add-on, then you’d need to file a separate petition seeking an increase in the basic support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network