Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Does an add-on modification potentially allow for a modification of the basic support amount?

Q: If I go to court to get an add-on for a support case modified, will me and the other party exchange financial information via our w-2s/paystubs as well? If I discover that the other parents income has increased by 15% during our hearing am I also entitled to a basic support modification at that time or would I need to file another petition to get the basic support modified?

A: David's Answer:
Potentially yes - here's why: the Court may still need to assess current pro-rata percentages, especially if your basic order is more than 1 year old. As for your 2d question: if your petition only sought to modify your add-on, then you'd need to file a separate petition seeking an increase in the basic support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions