High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support modification due to injury

Q: Hello all. and thank you in advance . I am seeking a modification in child support due to work related injury.
The issues.
After serious injuries were found company is fighting the case.( I was taken off site in a ambulance .) Obviously i had to file for a downward modification of child support till issues can be resolved. I do not want to reveal details of injury to ex wife. Am i protected under HIPPA ? or am i required to reveal the extent of injury to her and the court? Thanks

A: David’s Answer:
You’d need to reveal the nature of the injuries to your ex & the Court. You’d generally have a similar obligation to them as you would regarding your disability application – medical proof of your diagnosis, prognosis, and impact on your ability to work. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network