Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support add ons

Q: I received a violation of support order for add ons. dating back to 2011. The problem is their was never any order from that year. Can i have this thrown out ?
We were in court 2013 -15, she was ordered to provide proof of add ons, she never did . i did however make 1k a year payments to her directly in good faith. Also it states all medical decisions must be made jointly . this never happened. Now all of a sudden she is saying she has all the bills. there's something fishy with this. Is there anything i can do to fight this?

A: David's Answer: If there was an order, but the year of the order is mis-stated, it's unlikely to be dismissed (most likely the magistrate would allow her to amend her Petition). Unfortunately, not much prevents her from trying again, merely because she submitted insufficient proof previously. There may be defenses, however, so it'd behoove you to schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions