Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can the courts change a reasonable visitation and issued a schedule or parenting plan?

Q: I have sole custody since my ex and I have been divorced. He has reasonable visitation but be can't seem to agree on anything. He shows up at my house unexpectedly and take my son and don't tell me what time he'll return. He tells everything to my son directly. It's very frustrating. Our son is 9 years old.

A: David's Answer: Absolutely yes. If your present order/agreement says he gets "reasonable visitation as agreed upon," then the Court can certainly modify it to include a schedule upon your allegation that the informal agreement isn't working. Until such time, keep a paper-trail and state to the Father that you need to agree on a schedule and that him "just showing up" isn't acceptable. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions