High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I travel outside the country if I owe child support??

Q: I used to owe 13000$ this march child support enforcement took out of my tax return 12000 so now I owe like 900 and they are getting money from my pay check weekly. I call the child support to ask if I can travel they said I should be fine that the only thing that is suspended is my license. I have a plain ticket to leave the country for two weeks in May. Am I gonna be stopped at the airport or I should be fine to leave??
A: David’s Answer:
If you have a judgment for arrears, suspension of your passport is a possibility. You can call OCSE and/or the U.S. passport Office to verify any suspensions. Call a White Plains Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge