Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I travel outside the country if I owe child support??

Q: I used to owe 13000$ this march child support enforcement took out of my tax return 12000 so now I owe like 900 and they are getting money from my pay check weekly. I call the child support to ask if I can travel they said I should be fine that the only thing that is suspended is my license. I have a plain ticket to leave the country for two weeks in May. Am I gonna be stopped at the airport or I should be fine to leave??
A: David's Answer:
If you have a judgment for arrears, suspension of your passport is a possibility. You can call OCSE and/or the U.S. passport Office to verify any suspensions. Call a White Plains Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions