High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can a Child Support Order be Modified so that the Unreimbursed can be paid directly from his paycheck?

Q: My Ex Husband hasn’t paid me any money for our Court Ordered 37% unreimbursed Medical expenses in 4 years, I’ve mailed him several receipts asking for payment and he ignores it. Can I move forward with requesting the unreimbursed medical to be taken from his paycheck the same way as his child support payment?
A: David’s Answer:
Unless you incur a consistent, set-amount of medical bills each & every month, they can’t enter the garnishment like that. You can, however, file an enforcement case, and then garnish his wages for the arrears (once established). Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment

FindLaw Network