Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a Child Support Order be Modified so that the Unreimbursed can be paid directly from his paycheck?

Q: My Ex Husband hasn't paid me any money for our Court Ordered 37% unreimbursed Medical expenses in 4 years, I've mailed him several receipts asking for payment and he ignores it. Can I move forward with requesting the unreimbursed medical to be taken from his paycheck the same way as his child support payment?
A: David's Answer:
Unless you incur a consistent, set-amount of medical bills each & every month, they can't enter the garnishment like that. You can, however, file an enforcement case, and then garnish his wages for the arrears (once established). Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions