Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580


Q: Can goods and services be exchanged in lieu of alimony or child support? My ex decided that he has paid for other things, I never agreed to nor does he have the receipts for these items with my name on it. He has also claimed that the checks written out to cash and endorsed by himself was money paid to me. No depisit shows on my bank statemenI. I know he never gave cash to me. He would really be considered a foolish Banker being in the industry to do something like that. It seems almost outrageous to me. Especially knowing the conditions in which I live because of him not paying alimony and child-support,

A: David's Answer: The short answer is no - exchange of gifts or services in lieu of court-ordered maintenance or child support must be expressly denominated as such by the recipient. Otherwise, they'll presumably be considered a gift by the court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions