Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If a parent gave up temporary guardian agreement whats the procedure to receiving full custody back in newyork

Q: Whats the procedure to getting back full custody when a temporary guardian agreement has been in affect over a year

A: David's Answer: It depends - did you give up custody to a child welfare agency, or to an individual? If the former, you must contact the caseworker first about terminating the voluntary placement. If the latter, you should request custody back, and if that fails, file a custody petition along with an order to show cause demanding custody back. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions