High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I am pregnant by a married man. Is he and his wife liable for child support or only him?

Q: I got pregnant by a married man and now he denies being the father because his wife found out. Can I do a paternity test now and are they both liable for child support since they’re legally married?

A: David’s Answer: You can do a paternity test upon the birth of the child – simply file a Paternity Petition with your local Family Court. As for support, generally only his income counts for support purposes. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network