Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I need criminal lawyer or personal injury lawyer

Q: NYC. I have joint legal custody. Perfect visits 4 years with daughter than mother & I had argument & she won't let me see child. I filed contempt & now she is saying I touched child way before visits started and & on last visit in court. She has no proof. I have proof she did this before & child told therapist/acs never happen. She even just called me child molester in front of my daughter in courtroom waiting area at last hearing in court house. I have family court lawyer but do I need criminal or personal now? I have all documents proof pictures video etc for last 6 years now.

A: David's Answer: You would only need a "personal injury" lawyer if you were going to sue her for "abuse or process." Usually your better method is to prevail in Family Court - and if the Judge finds her allegations to be frivolous, then have your attorney file a motion for counsel fees and/or sanctions. For a 2d opinion, call a Bronx Child Custody lawyer to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions