Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I continue our visitation schedule before custody case begins?

Q: I have had my daughter living with me since we split (never married & together for one year) my daughter is now five and lives with me and my fiancé. I recently filled for sole custody, and the court day is not for a few weeks, normally my ex is hostile towards me and will not pick up or drop off our daughter to our new residence (it's 25minutes away). But my fiancé has been doing all the drop offs so that our daughter can see her mother. Do we continue as "normal"?

A: David's Answer: Merely because you filed a petition doesn't necessarily mean the status quo must change. However, if you wish to also change the pick-up/drop-off arrangement, now is the time to do so & communicate same to the non-custodial parent. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions