High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I have my child support case moved from Manhattan to the Bronx for a new hearing?

Q: Before I was granted custody of my two children in 2016, a child support order was made in 2015 in Manhattan by social services. The order is for $92 per month which is absurd and not even 17% let alone 25% for 2 kids. I would like a new hearing in the Bronx where the children and I have resided for almost 6 yrs. Is this possible or am I stuck with the same judge whom I feel has an ex parte relationship with my ex?

A: David’s Answer: If the order was done by DSS because the custodial parent is receiving public assistance, then all such cases in NYC are done in Manhattan. You may be better off convincing the custodial parent to take the child off welfare (s/he may leave him/herself on it) & cut a private deal for support directly with him/her. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment

FindLaw Network