Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I have my child support case moved from Manhattan to the Bronx for a new hearing?

Q: Before I was granted custody of my two children in 2016, a child support order was made in 2015 in Manhattan by social services. The order is for $92 per month which is absurd and not even 17% let alone 25% for 2 kids. I would like a new hearing in the Bronx where the children and I have resided for almost 6 yrs. Is this possible or am I stuck with the same judge whom I feel has an ex parte relationship with my ex?

A: David's Answer: If the order was done by DSS because the custodial parent is receiving public assistance, then all such cases in NYC are done in Manhattan. You may be better off convincing the custodial parent to take the child off welfare (s/he may leave him/herself on it) & cut a private deal for support directly with him/her. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions