Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I get temporary custody of my son?

Q: The mother of my son was renting a room in an apartment and everyone was evicted from the apartment. She decided to place herself and my son in a shelter. I don't feel that me being his dad my son should have to live in that type of situation. I would like to know what is the right way to go about this so that my son can live with me until his mom is in a stable situation. 

A: David's Answer: To get an interim switch of custody, you'd need to file both a petition for custody as well as an order to show cause. How likely your chances are depend on assessment of many other factors, such as your involvement with the child, level of visitation, age of child, existence of criminal/child welfare history, etc. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions