Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a non parent get rights in a lesbian friendship?

Q: A lesbian friend helped inseminate me and I conceived, she's not on the birth certificate nor has she adopted the child. I said I would allow her to see the child here and there but she's been harassing and demanding to see the child when ever she chooses to do so. 

A: David's Answer: It depends - the law is certainly evolving in this area. That said, it depends on what was discussed and anticipated at the time of conception - was it anticipated she'd have "visitation"? If so, she may have a case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions