Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a judge make me get a full time job if I'm working part time now?

Q: Reason why I'm asking is because, the last time I was in court. The judge said that I have to get a full time job. I want a full time job. But the one i went for checked my background and they stated I have a open criminal court case in Bronx county. They said once it's over we will take you.. Which is true. But that same case is for child visitation. Yes, it's weird. I have 2 court dates. One for child support and 1 for child visitation. Child support in family court. Visitation in criminal court. Mind you, I have no criminal charges.

A: David's Answer: Unless you prove to the Judge you're making a "diligent effort" to find full-time work (which usually entails 20-30+ job efforts per week), then the Judge may impute income to you based on full-time earnings. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions