Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What happens when a parent owes more than 5,000 in child support(nyc)

Q: My daughters father owes slightly over $5,000 in child support. He claims he cant make the payments as he's not working due to an injury. His social media is proving the opposite of his alleged financial situation. He seems to be working off the books to make money and avoid child support garnishing wages. The 5k that he owes, includes about $2,800 in retroactive support the rest is because he never made full payments to the agency. what can I do to ensure he doesn't get away with being a deadbeat?

A: David's Answer: If you find out where he's working, you can report that to SCU. You can otherwise have him attempt to prove his disability, and if he fails to, he can possibly be jailed for violating the order of support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions