Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My brother has a bench warrant out for child support but was never served what should he do??

Q: My brother has a bench warrant out from child support he wants to turn himself in but he doesn't want to go to jail he never revived or was served any papers so he dIdnt know he was being summoned because he doesn't live in new york what should he do???


A: David's Answer: He needs to file a motion to vacate his default. Also double-check that the warrant is not a "stayed" warrant - sometimes a Judge will simply allow a party to voluntarily appear in court on the warrant review date in order to vacate the warrant from being formally issued. Schedule a consult with a Bronx child support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions