High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If a notarized agreement has any value at the court?

Q: The father of my son want me to agree in writing to have a joint custody when I have a 99% of his care since he was born. His father doesn’t want to return my son after his weekend stay over with him, if I don’t sign the notarized agreements that he wrote. I would like to know if I sign it and notarized the letter if that is valid in the court of law. Thank you for the help!

A: David’s Answer: If the Father is refusing to return the child, call the police. It’s illegal for him to retain the child like that. Moreover, signing an agreement under duress is grounds to revoke it anyway. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.
FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge