Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If a notarized agreement has any value at the court?

Q: The father of my son want me to agree in writing to have a joint custody when I have a 99% of his care since he was born. His father doesn't want to return my son after his weekend stay over with him, if I don't sign the notarized agreements that he wrote. I would like to know if I sign it and notarized the letter if that is valid in the court of law. Thank you for the help!

A: David's Answer: If the Father is refusing to return the child, call the police. It's illegal for him to retain the child like that. Moreover, signing an agreement under duress is grounds to revoke it anyway. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions