High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get visitation rights for my child?

Q: I have visitation rights to see my son, but only at my child’s mother house. We don’t get along and she makes me feel uncomfortable when I’m there. I’m not going to lie I have been in and out my child’s life because the relationship with his mothers and I. I just want to know what is needed for me to have rights to have him sleepover my house every weekend or every other weekend? Will I need a lawyer??


A: David’s Answer: You would need to file a petition for visitation in the Family Court. In advance of same, ask the mother in writing for the ability to have a sleepover at your house, and if she’s objects to same, ask for the reasons for her objections. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network