Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get visitation rights for my child?

Q: I have visitation rights to see my son, but only at my child's mother house. We don't get along and she makes me feel uncomfortable when I'm there. I'm not going to lie I have been in and out my child's life because the relationship with his mothers and I. I just want to know what is needed for me to have rights to have him sleepover my house every weekend or every other weekend? Will I need a lawyer??


A: David's Answer: You would need to file a petition for visitation in the Family Court. In advance of same, ask the mother in writing for the ability to have a sleepover at your house, and if she's objects to same, ask for the reasons for her objections. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions