Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I move jurisdiction to Westchester from Brooklyn Family Court

Q: I am in the middle of a motion... child support modification & violation...this case has been on going since June 2016 which I think is beyond ridiculous! I actually moved the date up and was seen today... the refused to motionfor contempt of court because the respondent did not appear stating we have a date of 4/25 even though he was served... I am beyond fed up with Brooklyn Family Court as the respondent has yet to turn over financial information ordered by the judge 3 months ago!! No contempt of court? Can I go to the appellate court... I think this judge is not being fair... I really want to move it to Westchester but without losing all my time back till June 2016

A: David's Answer: In terms of moving venue, 1 party cannot usually unilaterally change venue unless neither party resides in the originally issuing county. This assumes your case is a modification case. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions