Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a child support court order can be changed without a custodial parent being present.

Q: I originally had an appt at the end of the month of January 2017. My ex changed it to the beginning of the month. I went to court to adjourn the date. Then I receive a letter stating fact finding. However the amount on my child support has changed. Please advise.

A: David's Answer:
If you received a court notice changing the date of your court appearance - but then you failed to appear on the adjourned date - then they most likely proceeded without you. As such, you should file a "motion to vacate your default" so as to re-open the case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions