High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Which court do I file in?

Q: I have a family law situation and need to file. I have a Scarsdale PO but live in Eastchester. Taxes and schools are both in Eastchester. Do I file in New Rochelle or White Plains?

A: David’s Answer: If you actually reside in Eastchester, and you’d otherwise need to file a Family Court case in New Rochelle – it’d be filed in New Rochelle. The courts go by actual residence, not where you’d have a post office box. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network