Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Which court do I file in?

Q: I have a family law situation and need to file. I have a Scarsdale PO but live in Eastchester. Taxes and schools are both in Eastchester. Do I file in New Rochelle or White Plains?

A: David's Answer: If you actually reside in Eastchester, and you'd otherwise need to file a Family Court case in New Rochelle - it'd be filed in New Rochelle. The courts go by actual residence, not where you'd have a post office box. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions