Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What should my father do if support is being taken for children he has supported? Even after death of child

Q: My dad is paying over $100,000 in arrears to the state of N.Y. for children he has supported throughout their lives even after my sister's death they're still talking the money. He receive ssdi and have not enough money to care for himself. What should be done???

A: David's Answer:
Assuming the arrears accrued pursuant to an order which existed before the death of the child, then he'd have to pay-off those arrears. If there's an ongoing order of support, however, he should file a modification petition & produce a copy of the death certificate to the court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions