If the child hasn’t had any relationship with Father, then I’d highly suggest that you request his visits to be supervised at first, so that the Court (& you) can ensure the child acclimates to being in his presence. You may also wish to consider having your partner adopt the child (which would serve to terminate the Father’s parental rights). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment..