Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What can I expect to happen at a preliminary proceeding for visitation

Q: The bilological father is a asking for visitation rights after 5 years later and he wants to change my doubters last name to his but she has my patners last name since he has raised her since she was born. What can I expect ??

A: David's Answer: If the child hasn't had any relationship with Father, then I'd highly suggest that you request his visits to be supervised at first, so that the Court (& you) can ensure the child acclimates to being in his presence. You may also wish to consider having your partner adopt the child (which would serve to terminate the Father's parental rights). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment..

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions