Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What can I do to help myself? If he already is making a statement regarding his doubting me, what the hell can I do?

Q: The gist of it is, my ex husband is violating the order of protection I have in place against him in order to make it look like in purposefully getting in the way of his court ordered visits with our son. The problem is, he continues to violate the order and his stance is that I'm fabricating the reports so that he gets arrested and misses his visits. He missed an entire month (January) because he claimed to "fear being arrested" due to a warrant. The judge is saying I shouldn't have him arrested anymore, what the hell? He says it looks like I'm manipulating the system and it's untrue.

A: David's Answer:
Well, there's another way to handle the violations - file a violation petition/motion. If the Judge him/herself is suggesting that you back-off on having him arrested, then filing the violations puts it squarely in the Judge's lap what to do to punish your ex. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions