High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Modification of visitation and/or custody.

Q: I have sole custody of my 4 year old. My ex husband has been institutionalized, is on long term disability and has severe mental health issues. He has filed an order to show cause for increased visitation and also a change in custody. He currently receives one hour of supervised visitation a week. I know how unpredictable the court system is. I am terrified for my child…

A: David’s Answer:
You should have an attorney representing you. That said, it seems highly unlikely, based on what you’ve presented, that he would get custody. Moreover, to get an increase of visits, he’d need to show a “change of circumstances” since the last order was entered. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge