Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Modification of visitation and/or custody.

Q: I have sole custody of my 4 year old. My ex husband has been institutionalized, is on long term disability and has severe mental health issues. He has filed an order to show cause for increased visitation and also a change in custody. He currently receives one hour of supervised visitation a week. I know how unpredictable the court system is. I am terrified for my child...

A: David's Answer:
You should have an attorney representing you. That said, it seems highly unlikely, based on what you've presented, that he would get custody. Moreover, to get an increase of visits, he'd need to show a "change of circumstances" since the last order was entered. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions