High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Im 18 i will move out with my bf but will my parents call the cops?and will i have to go back home?

Q: Im 18 and my bf is 22 he want us to live together but im afraid of getting in trouble and my parents call the cops i live in new york

A: David’s Answer: At age 18, you’re emancipated – meaning you’re an adult and can do as you please. If you don’t have any children that would be at risk of neglect if you moved (which includes inability to financially support and/or inadequate accommodations), then by all means move out. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network