Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Im 18 i will move out with my bf but will my parents call the cops?and will i have to go back home?

Q: Im 18 and my bf is 22 he want us to live together but im afraid of getting in trouble and my parents call the cops i live in new york

A: David's Answer: At age 18, you're emancipated - meaning you're an adult and can do as you please. If you don't have any children that would be at risk of neglect if you moved (which includes inability to financially support and/or inadequate accommodations), then by all means move out. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions