High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I stop back child support areas from the 1980’s

Q: I have been paying child support for my son whom is now 29yrs. Old. I have been paying back child support payments since the 1980’s. Back then I never kept receipts as the mother and. I agreed I would provide clothing and give her money $75.00 monthly back then. Now I receive social security and if I want to work child support is still being taken from me. What can I do to stop this ?

A: David’s Answer: Arrears are collectible until they’re paid-off. If you wish to prove you paid more than you’re being given credit for, file a petition to adjust arrears. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge