Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I stop back child support areas from the 1980's

Q: I have been paying child support for my son whom is now 29yrs. Old. I have been paying back child support payments since the 1980's. Back then I never kept receipts as the mother and. I agreed I would provide clothing and give her money $75.00 monthly back then. Now I receive social security and if I want to work child support is still being taken from me. What can I do to stop this ?

A: David's Answer: Arrears are collectible until they're paid-off. If you wish to prove you paid more than you're being given credit for, file a petition to adjust arrears. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions