High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can i remove my child’s biological father from her birth certificate

Q: Hello i would like to know what can i do to remove the fathers from my daughter’s birth certificate if he abandon her when she was 10 days old and has never been in her life.my daughter is six know and i cant even get a passport for her with out his consent.

A: David’s Answer: To get the passport without his signature, you’d need a court order of sole custody. To “terminate his parental rights,” you’d need to file an adoption case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network